Are you storing your portable propane tanks safely? The winter months can cause damage to your gas cylinder. Here are some simple ways to prevent damage from the threat posed by winter weather.
- Keep your propane tank on a flat, stable surface.
- Ensure your gas cylinder is clear of all open flames.
- Avoid damp areas where moisture could build up and cause premature rusting.
- Store your tank in a dry, well-ventilated outdoor area.
- Take your tank in for inspection every 5 years after initial inspection.
- If owned, remove wrapping around the entire tank as it can cause premature rusting.
Need a fill? Visit a Noble Gas location to buy, fill, or exchange your propane cylinder.