Proud Distributor of Cold Jets Dry Ice Blast Systems
To meet the growing demand for dry ice in cleaning applications, Noble is a proud distributor of Cold Jets dry ice blast systems. Systems range from large, in-place, fully engineered applications to those that can fit into the trunk of a car. Our Noble representative can help you select the one that best suits your needs.
Dry ice blasting is similar to sandblasting, plastic bead blasting, or soda blasting where media is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared. But that’s where the similarity ends. Instead of using hard abrasive media to grind on a surface (and damage it), dry ice blasting uses soft dry ice, accelerated at supersonic speeds, and creates mini-explosions on the surface to lift the undesirable item off the underlying substrate.
Dry ice blasting:
- is a non-abrasive, nonflammable, and nonconductive cleaning method
- is environmentally responsible and contains no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- is clean and approved for use in the food industry
- allows most items to be cleaned in place without time-consuming disassembly
- can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- can be used to remove production residue, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils, and biofilms
- can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- can be used for many general cleaning applications